Friday, December 9, 2011

Top 10 Christmas Movies!

As Christmas slowly is coming upon us, I thought I'd share my top 10 favorite favorite films to watch during the holiday season! I seem to love a lot of the old classics, so you've been warned. :)

10. Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
 This movie makes it at number 10, because... you caught me again, I admire Tim Burton's work. It's more of a Halloween movie rather than a Christmas movie, but I still love watching this around Christmas time anyway.

9. It's A Wonderful Life (1946)
I love watching this with my family. It's so romantic and Christmas-y all at the same time! I wanted to put it closer to the top, but I'm a sucker for the kid's movies.

8. Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)
I love Rudolph and his dentist elf friend, but it always made me so mad that they got made fun of throughout the entire movie. And why is that red-headed doll on the island of misfit toys?

7. A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
Oh, how I adore this movie. Charlie Brown is the best. The movie has the absolute BEST soundtrack that would definitely make it in my top 5 Christmas albums.

6. The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
I actually just watched this movie the other night and rekindled my love for Muppets. And Michael Caine. I heard that the new Muppets movie is hilarious and I can't wait to go see it.

5. The Snowman (1982)
For those of you not familiar with this film, it is fantastic. The music and art combination is gorgeous and I absolutely love it. For those of you who were not fortunate enough to watch this movie, you can watch it on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=PeVaj4zkWy0&v=h7iTKVMA8MA&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_63308

4. Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983)
I love this version of the Christmas Carol, mainly because I love Mickey Mouse. I always watched it as a kid and loved seeing all of my favorite classic Disney characters in a Christmas movie.

3. Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey (1977)
Not many people know about this movie, but it is one of my all-time favorites. I'll add a link for this movie as well, but the story is beautifully told. Nestor is the cutest!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2165&feature=iv&src_vid=LmSvoyIit7I&v=-d_ByKm8jVY

2. Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966)
Dr. Seuss has stolen my heart with this Christmas classic. Every year I look forward to watching this with my family! The Grinch will forever be known as the nastiest and most creative Christmas villain.

1. Elf (2003)
Finally, number ONE! I can't get enough of this movie. Will Ferrell is a comedic genius with his character, Buddy in this hilarious Christmas movie.
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup."

And that's it! I hope that this list has brought you early holiday cheer and I also hope that I've introduced you all to some new Christmas favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment