Thursday, December 29, 2011

Resolutions for the New Year (plus some bonus inspiration!)

In case you haven't noticed from previous blog posts, I am an avid fan of making lists. I'm convinced that it has something to do with my anxiety and keeping me sane. Regardless of that, I have really grown to love writing them, so here's another list of mine that I plan to print out and stick to for the new year of 2012. Some of these resolutions are also bucket list items, but I try to challenge myself every year to do anything (and everything) on my bucket list. Might as well, right? :)

1. Attend Red Hot Chili Peppers concert (already planned)
2. Attend other awesome concerts
3. Stop walking on tiptoes
4. See a chiropractor about back problems
5. Meet new people (always an easy one to cross off!)
6. Get more sleep (we'll see about this one... haha)
7. Start Etsy shop for my crocheted projects
8. Get a new piercing (most likely another ear piercing)
9. Turn 21 :D
10. Go to a karaoke bar
11. Get a coffee table for my living room
12. Meet someone famous (it could happen!)
13. Go on a spontaneous road trip
14. Get scholarship monies
15. Learn how to play an instrument/relearn how to play violin
16. Make more playlists
17. Eat healthier and drink more water
18. Go to the gym often
19. Rock climb more often (this is a must!)
20. Become satisfied with my wardrobe
21. Watch Community and become addicted
22. Watch Star Trek and become addicted
23. Grow a pair and actually do the polar plunge
24. Have an adventurous spring break
25. Try something new/become more cultured
26. Become more prepared for the zombie apocalypse (you never know)
27. Read more books! (You'll most likely be seeing a book list posted on here very soon)
28. Be more carefree and less anxious
29. Take a women's defense class
30. Buy a typewriter (I actually might buy one before the year starts!)

There's definitely more I could add, but these are the ones that came to mind. There's a lot on this list, some of which are out of my control (such as number 12), but let's see how much of it I can actually accomplish!

While every year has its ups and downs, I think it's those very ups and downs that make us who we are. They form us into stronger people and help us on the way to finding our true selves. Bad things may happen to us and sometimes all we can see are the bad things that cloud our happiness, but we must realize that the bad things are simply bumps in the road. They're hard to get over, but once you've surpassed them, you're one step closer to where you want to be, metaphorically speaking. We must cherish the great things that happen to us and look forward to both the expected and unexpected moments in life, whether they are good or bad. I see this new year as a fresh start for myself and I have a feeling that it has a lot of great things in store for me. And with that, here is a quote for you all to think about as you ring in the new year. Cheers, fellow blog readers! :)

"Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties."
- Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment