Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spooky weekend and the unveiling of my costume!

Well, I'm a little late in giving an update on my weekend, but it was a pretty fun time! On Friday, my friends and I all went to Scarowinds and rode a couple of rides and of course went into a few greatly decorated haunted houses. Then on Saturday, we all took part in my friend Ashley's annual family hayride! We roasted hot dogs, marshmallows, played with glowsticks, and rode a surprisingly scary hayride. It was truly a wonderful vacation from school. Much thanks to Ashley's mom for taking pictures!


As for this week, it's been somewhat busy. I've been getting ready for Halloween, for it is one of my very favorite holidays. :) I finished my costume, which I will now reveal to you all! I am going to be the Death Star for Halloween. I based my costume off of another girl's costume that my friend Christina found online. I've been working on the skirt with Christina who will be my Death Star counterpart. While these skirts are definitely going to be hard to move around in, I think it's going to be a hit.


I'll post more pictures of me wearing the full costume later, but the skirt is the main event of the costume!
As for further decorations, here's what my room looks like for Halloween. It's not much, but I love it!

 

I bought the Jack-O-Lantern lights at an antique store last year and they're my favorite. As for the window clings, I actually got the Halloween Disney princesses at the Dollar Store! They reminded me of my childhood, so of course I had to get them.
Yesterday I carved pumpkins with Spencer, which was so much fun. We roasted the pumpkin seeds afterwards and they were absolutely delicious. We covered them in butter, garlic, and salt. Om nom nom! For our pumpkin creations, Spencer carved the Boogeyman from Nightmare Before Christmas in his, and here's mine! If you can be the first one to tell me what it is, you get major cool points.

Today I've been quite lazy, but I think I deserve to be for once. I skipped my morning class so I could sleep in, but then I walked all the way to my 2nd class only to find that it was canceled! So in spite of that, I walked back home and skipped my last class. I feel so rebellious and it's awesome!
Tonight I'll be going to see The Three Musketeers. It looks very well done, but I'll let you all know eventually. Ta ta for now! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! The pumpkin is definitely the Aztec God Chalchihuihtotolin! Super Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, pretty sure it's the Hyrulian Crest

    ReplyDelete
  3. You win, Mike! Huzzah! Nerds ftw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! Its gotta be Chalchihuihtotolin!

    ReplyDelete