Monday, October 10, 2011

Camping, cupcakes, and craziness

Since I lack the motivation to get a head start on my homework for this week, I decided to grace my blog with another post. :)

Aside from torturous schoolwork and attempting to cure my recently relentless acne problems, things have been pretty good for me! In recent crocheting news, I have made another hat. This time, it is a cupcake hat. You can't tell from this picture, but I used sparkly white yarn for the frosting.
It took me a pretty long time, but I thought it was good enough to show off. I ended up getting a huge response on Facebook, which I did not expect. After the comments I've received, I'm thinking about making more of them and trying to sell them on Etsy. Perhaps with different bands and flavors. It would take a lot of time for me to create more, and with time being something I don't have a lot of these days, we'll see!

I had a lot of fun things happen this past week! I went to my friend's concert, which was fantastic. I also went star gazing on the Blue Ridge Parkway with some friends where we drank hot cocoa and wished on all of the beautiful shooting stars we saw! 


As for my weekend, I went camping on Friday. It was a lot of fun, minus the part where we had to sleep. It was a freezing cold night, which wasn't so bad for me since I had a deliciously warm plush blanket wrapped around my entire body. What I couldn't take was the ground being so bumpy and hard to sleep on. Needless to say, everyone missed their own beds that night. 
The girl's tent! We set it up perfectly :D
And here's the boy's tent... not quite as great as the girl's tent. :P
We had wonderful campfire music, thanks to the instruments we brought!
I brought my bongo with me and gratefully contributed to the campfire tunes. :)
My friend Tanner and I!
Not a very good picture of us, but very reflective of the crazy night we had. :D
On Saturday, I got to hang out with my sister Danielle and Kyle! They came to visit me, which was very nice. :) After they left, I went to a basement party on Saturday. It was definitely the weirdest party I've ever been to. Also the most confusing. Haha. Then today I hung out with my friends Katie, Christina and Kelsey! We made beautiful Star Wars-themed Wookiee and Wampa cupcakes together and watched Up. All in all, I think my weekend turned out to be a great success. :)


         


Who would win in a battle against each other?

In other news, I'm going home for fall break on Wednesday! There's a few things I hope to get done whilst at home besides hanging out with the fam; for instance...

-Finish my Halloween costume (which will remain a secret! For now. Details to be announced later :P)
-Dye my hair auburn/red
-Finish watching season 3 of Arrested Development
-Start watching a new TV series; either Breaking Bad OR Community. I'm leaning towards Breaking Bad.
-Start working on new crochet project! (also another secret!)

2 comments:

  1. Wookies all the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'RE SO CUTE. SERIOUSLY.
    You should totally sell your cupcake beanies!! :D

    ReplyDelete