Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nothing but decorating and surprise back pains.

So today basically consisted of a delicious sandwich, crocheting, my grandma arriving, Target shopping, me decorating my brother's birthday cake, and my back pains deciding to kick in again.

1st off: DELICIOUS SANDWICH. Okay, this sandwich was awesome. Whole grain bread, provolone cheese, turkey, and bacon. NOM. I think I just might make it again tomorrow.
I also did a LOT of crocheting today. I finished a rainbow ear warmer/headband and made a few tiny bows as well!

Next, my grandma finally came to visit! I don't even remember the last time I saw her. She's still quite the worrisome lady, but apparently she plays poker with her friends. For some reason, I think that's awesome. I told her we should play poker sometime while she's here, haha.
I went to Target with my mom later to get dinner supplies and the cutest thing happened. I was shopping around for things on my mom's list when I hear a little voice say, "That girl is pretty!" I peek over my shoulder, and sure enough, I see a little girl looking at me. She was so cute! She waved at me, so I smiled at her. Later I see her again, and she says, "It's that girl again!" And she started waving again, so this time I waved back. As we were leaving the store, I was telling my mom how adorable this girl was, and then we see her and her dad leaving the store right as we were leaving. Then she says to her dad, "Hey, it's that pretty girl! Byeeeeeee!"
She made my day.
My brother's birthday is tomorrow, so I also slaved over his cake and iced it as best as I could, given my limited working supplies. I think it turned out rather nice, if I do say so myself!
The picture doesn't do the cake justice since I took it with my phone, but trust me, it looks good considering that it was all decorated with a single butter knife.
So lastly... my back pains. My back was killing me not too long ago, and I went to the doctor's a month ago to see what could be wrong with it. After urine samples, x-rays, and expensive medications, apparently it is still there. I was sitting down today and tried to get up, and my back hurt so bad to where the pain forced me to stay down. I just want this pain to go AWAY. And the medications don't even work. It sucks.

In other news, I'm going to Charlotte with my boyfriend for the weekend! I can't wait to get away from my house for a little while, even if it is only for two days. I'll be able to see my friends, too! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment